July 29, 2011

It started out as a hobby...

Back in college, our landlady introduced us to ukay shopping. She would always brag about her ukay finds in Carbon --- which is said to be an ukay haven in Cebu. Her ukay finds were always signature brands from Ralph Lauren, Gap, Mossimo, Abercrombie to mention a few. As a student on meager allowance, I cannot afford to buy clothes that are sold at the mall. Every Sunday, my housemates and I would head to Carbon to search through heaps of clothes --- it's like searching for treasures and when you find them, you'll never let them go. 

From then on, I got hooked! Even when I started working, I always find time to go on ukay spree. I find it therapeutic and a never-ending conquest for fab clothes.

I am not ashamed to say that half of the clothes in my closet are from ukay. And it's not just clothes --- I also have shoes and bags and belts from ukay. Some are authentic and original items at a lesser price. Call me cheapskate but I think with all the prices of commodities increasing nowadays, it's okay to wear ukay. You can never really distinguish an ukay from a brand new one once you wear it.

And this blog will chronicle my ukay adventures. I will feature some of my precious finds as well as our thriving online business (I will talk about that in a separate post). I will also share some secret places where one could find the best ukay in town. 

So, welcome to my space...I hope you'll stick around!



No comments:

Post a Comment